Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2019

♥ ゚*。 Happy Zaldizko Day ゚*。♥


Zaldizko goes live on sale tomorrow with all prices set and ready.  
I have had some last minute corrections applied that will be updated within 72 hours. I'm not expecting a rush of sales, so all good.
There is so much history that backs this story, dating all the way to 2006.  I began the Seriphyn Knight journey as a way to cope with the stresses and boredom of life.  It eventuated into a series. The highlight for this story is the encouraging comment I had received from the late Louise Cooper in her forums. Her words continue to motivate my writing. 
I do have to apologise for taking 13 years to complete an actual volume of the series.  I could have revised and finished off Neven's portion as I had originally intended with the reborn reboot. Given the time lapse, I felt it was better to go way back to the beginning where the story was a risk, challenge and niche.  
A gay protagonist is a risk to write even in this day and age.  There have been one or two times where I've been called out to tone down the gay/romantic scenes.  I thank Webnovel for sensitive-beta readers who has helped me form a version that most people can sit through.
The other risk is being LGBTQ, the readership remains female.  I haven't drawn in a lot of male interest despite being an action-adventure story.  As such, I'm still trying to adjust the marketing mix to suit. I'll get there eventually. 
I'm happy with the product I've put on shelves, knowing I've given my all and the best of my current capabilities. 
The next challenge is writing on book two. Sequels are always harder since you're expected to given more depth and challenging situations to the characters.  
Better get to it.