Translate

Monday, October 25, 2021

Story Finished For Mental Health

 I wrote and finished Only Fools Pray for Mercy in the Underworld in 21 days. Roughly sitting at 37K to 40K words, so it's a short story.  

The premise is where love can defy all odds. The protagonist is cannon fodder for a devil lord, due to a previous collaboration with the angels, he connected to an angel lord named Gabriel and so begins their love affair.  So, this story is supernatural boys' love where the couple is devoted to each other. This devotion creates ripples to the cosmic order and triggers a war. 

This month has been the worst. I'm sure it has been for a lot of people. I've faced a myriad of experiences to sink my mind into depression. So, having the privilege to write a story and re-organize my feelings and mental capabilities this way helps. It's probably the first time I was able to finish a story within the same month. I guess it's not all doom and gloom. 

I think as NaNoWriMo comes up, doing a challenge like this might help the mind heal or clear out any issues lingering in there. 

At least, getting this story done has helped me be more ready to finish off my main works in progress.  Hopefully, my luck will pick up from there.